A classic favorite, this Homemade Tortilla Soup recipe is delicious and light, and is sure to warm them from the inside out! It's easy to make, and tastes just like the original.
- 4 cups water
- 3 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small zucchini, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 green bell pepper, halved
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeño chile, seeded
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup whole-kernel corn
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups tortilla strips or chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream, (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
BRING water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add bouillon; stir to dissolve. Reduce heat to medium.
PLACE tomatoes, zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, jalapeño and garlic in food processor; cover. Process until coarsely chopped; add to saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Add chicken, corn and cumin; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
SERVE with tortilla strips, sour cream and cilantro.
Review This Recipe
Tasteful, elegant and nourishing
Unlike so many restaurant tortilla soups, which are either overwhelmingly salty or tomatoe-y, this soup has a subtle, spicy aroma with a rich though delicate flavor -courtesy of a plethora of fresh vegetables and cumin. It became an instant family favorite.
Read More Reviews