Sweet Crème Stuffed French Toast is an elegant twist on the classic recipe.
- 2/3 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade or apricot preserves
- 12 slices (about 3/4-inch-thick) firm, day-old French bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 1% lowfat milk
- 1/3 cup Italian Sweet Crème Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Maple syrup, heated (optional)
COMBINE ricotta cheese and preserves in small bowl; mix well. Spread mixture evenly over 6 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices to form sandwiches.
BEAT eggs in shallow pan or pie plate; whisk in milk, Coffee-mate and vanilla extract. Whisk in flour and salt.
HEAT large skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Swirl butter into hot skillet. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, coating both sides. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup.
Review This Recipe
I love this new recipe. It is so good for breakfast. -Maria, a member of the Brew Crew
Read More Reviews