Hot Apple Pie Sandwiches have tender slices of apple, seasoned with a sprinkling of cinnamon which are enriched with cheddar cheese and encased between toasted bread. A great snack or perfect for a tasty lunch.
- 1 package (12 ounces) STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples, defrosted*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices cheddar or American cheese, each cut into 4 strips
- 8 slices white bread, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
COMBINE Harvest Apples and cinnamon in small bowl.
PLACE cheese strips on outside perimeter of 4 slices of bread. Spoon apple mixture evenly into centers of each. Top with remaining slices of bread; press down slightly. Brush sandwiches with butter.
BROIL on each side until golden brown and cheese is melted.
*DEFROST Harvest Apples in microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power for 6 to 7 minutes.
Review This Recipe
This warm yummy sandwich it is good for anyone that loves grilled cheese and apples with cinnamon. It delights the tummy with a fruity, cheesy flavor. It's great for anyone in the family. I loved it and I know you will too!
Read More Reviews