Hot Cheddary Spinach Dunk is an intriguing variation on the average dip. Stouffer's makes it a new taste experience. The cheesy Welsh Rarebit accents the Creamed Spinach perfectly to create a taste sensation! Serve at your next party or indulge your family with something different.
- 1 package (10-oz.) STOUFFER'S Welsh Rarebit
- 1 package (9-oz.) STOUFFER'S Creamed Spinach, prepared according to pkg. directions
- 1 (16-oz.) round bread loaf
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 strips bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 can (8-oz.) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
CUT top third off bread. Remove soft bread from inside, leaving a 1-inch shell. Cut top crust and soft bread into bite-size pieces. Place bread shell on baking sheet.
PREPARE Welsh rarebit according to package directions, thoroughly stirring in flour halfway through heating time.
COMBINE Welsh rarebit, creamed spinach, bacon, water chestnuts, mustard and pepper in medium bowl; place in bread shell. Sprinkle with cheese.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve hot with bread pieces for dipping.
Review This Recipe
A Party Favorite
This dip has been such a hit that I always get requests to bring it with me to parties. Big crowd pleaser. If you want to make it a little thicker, use regular frozen spinach instead of creamed. Good stuff!
Read More Reviews