This savory Hot Cheeseburger Sub filled with Welsh rarebit, spread with ketchup and seasoned with dill pickle relish and fresh tomato chunks is certain to satisfy the biggest appetites for zesty sandwiches.
- 1 package (10 oz.) STOUFFER'S Welsh Rarebit, defrosted*
- 1 (16 oz.) loaf French bread
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 pound ground beef, thoroughly cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 2/3 cup diced tomatoes
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Slice bread in half lengthwise; place on large sheet of foil. Scoop out bread from bottom portion of loaf, leaving 1/4-inch bread shell. Spread ketchup over bottom half of loaf.
Combine Welsh Rarebit, ground beef, 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, flour and pickle relish in medium bowl; spoon over ketchup. Top with diced tomato. Place top of bread on filled loaf. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Wrap loaf loosely in foil. Place bread diagonally on oven rack. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and filling is hot.
*Defrost Welsh Rarebit in microwave on 50% power for 5 to 6 minutes.