The unforgettable flavors in this Hot Diced Chicken dish come from chopped ginger, crushed red pepper, chiles and a tasty seasoning sauce.
- 2 (about 8 oz. total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cooking sherry or rice wine
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red chile pepper, seeded and veins removed, chopped into matchstick-size pieces
- 6 green onions (green parts only), chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- Steamed white or brown rice
COMBINE chicken, 1 tablespoon seasoning sauce and cornstarch in medium bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
COMBINE remaining 1 tablespoon seasoning sauce, ginger, sugar, sherry and crushed red pepper in small bowl.
HEAT oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is browned. Stir in seasoning sauce mixture, bell pepper and chile pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Stir in green onions; cook for 1 minute or until bell pepper is crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately with rice.
Review This Recipe
This was really good. Switched green peppers for red and chili peppers for jalepenos. The only thing I would do next time is double up on the liquid ingredients an add some chicken broth for the rice to soak up.