Cocoa and coffee with a touch of molasses give this cake a robust richness.
- 4 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules, dissolved in 2 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 325° F. Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
COMBINE flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder and salt in large mixer bowl. Add milk, butter, molasses and vanilla extract. Stir gently (batter will be thick). Spread in bottom of prepared baking pan.
COMBINE remaining sugar and remaining cocoa in small bowl. Sprinkle over cake batter. Pour hot coffee over top without stirring.
BAKE for 35 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
Review This Recipe
Good, but not our favorite
This cake is ok, but my husband and I think it tastes a bit too watery. Maybe next time I will make stronger coffee or use a little milk. It is very chocolate-y though. Thanks!
Read More Reviews