Cocoa and coffee with a touch of molasses give this cake a robust richness.
- 4 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules, dissolved in 2 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 325° F. Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
COMBINE flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder and salt in large mixer bowl. Add milk, butter, molasses and vanilla extract. Stir gently (batter will be thick). Spread in bottom of prepared baking pan.
COMBINE remaining sugar and remaining cocoa in small bowl. Sprinkle over cake batter. Pour hot coffee over top without stirring.
BAKE for 35 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
Review This Recipe
This is a very tasty cake. I loved the coffee and chocolate combination. This is a very easy recipe - my husband made it for me one evening when I was ill and had a sweet tooth. It's become a favorite!
Read More Reviews