For a decadent treat, try a shot of this hot chocolate topped with a delightfully spicy cayenne pepper whipped foam. You'll enjoy these great taste sensations.
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, divided (optional)
POUR 1/2 cup evaporated milk into medium mixer bowl; place beaters into mixture. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until ice crystals form around edge of bowl.
HEAT remaining evaporated milk, water, morsels, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne pepper in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Do not boil. Set aside.
REMOVE chilled evaporated milk from freezer. Beat on high speed for 1 minute or until very frothy. Add remaining vanilla extract, remaining cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Continue beating for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture forms soft peaks.
POUR hot chocolate into eight 4-ounce demitasse cups and immediately dollop with foam topping.
Review This Recipe
Good if you like spicy :)
This is a nice easy recipe but it just wasn't for my family. We didn't like how spicy this one was.
Read More Reviews