For a decadent treat, try a shot of this hot chocolate topped with a delightfully spicy cayenne pepper whipped foam. You'll enjoy these great taste sensations.
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, divided (optional)
POUR 1/2 cup evaporated milk into medium mixer bowl; place beaters into mixture. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until ice crystals form around edge of bowl.
HEAT remaining evaporated milk, water, morsels, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne pepper in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Do not boil. Set aside.
REMOVE chilled evaporated milk from freezer. Beat on high speed for 1 minute or until very frothy. Add remaining vanilla extract, remaining cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Continue beating for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture forms soft peaks.
POUR hot chocolate into eight 4-ounce demitasse cups and immediately dollop with foam topping.
Review This Recipe
warms you right up
Very easy to make and its great after working out side in the cold. Warms you right up.
Read More Reviews