Hot Spiced Chai Tea has an amazing combination of spices that make this a taste sensation.
- 1 (2-inch) piece of fresh ginger, cut into thin rounds
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 cardamom pods
- 3/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 7 cups water
- 6 bags black tea
- 1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Original Low Fat Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
COMBINE ginger, cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamom, peppercorns and water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; partially cover pan. Heat for 10 minutes.
ADD tea bags; steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags. Stir in Coffee-mate and sugar. Heat through. Strain tea into teapot and pour into cups for serving.
Review This Recipe
Tai Chai for me!!!
Five stars seems far too little a rating for this recipe. After a Tai gathering, I served this to friends. Everyone raved!
My only regret is there wasn't a "change the serving size" feature available for this particular recipe and six servings will prevent uses except for gatherings as I prefer my Chai freshly made.
Read More Reviews