Iced Pumpkin Blondies are just the ticket for after-school treats for a hungry crowd. Libby's pumpkin and brown sugar make this treat extra rich.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- Maple Icing (recipe follows)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan; spread with Maple Icing. Cut into bars.
FOR MAPLE ICING:
BEAT 6 ounces softened cream cheese, 2 tablespoons softened butter or margarine and 2 cups sifted powdered sugar in small mixer bowl until smooth. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons maple flavoring.
Review This Recipe
The pumpkin blondies tasted good but were too sweet for my families taste. I made them again omitting the frosting and they went over great.
Read More Reviews