Independence Day Skookie
Independence Day skillet cookies are a great way to welcome the summer months. This freshly baked pan cookie tastes great accompanied by vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup or use your imagination and try other toppings with this perfect-for-special-family-nights treat. Watch this video to see how to make them!
- 10-inch cast iron skillet
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Vanilla DREYER'S or EDY'S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream
- Fresh sliced strawberries and blueberries (optional)
- NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Chocolate Flavor Syrup (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl; stir.
BEAT butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Press into cast iron skillet.
BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown throughout. Cool for 10 minutes; serve topped with ice cream. Sprinkle with berries; drizzle with Nesquik.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/16 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 210
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11g (17% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (33% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 35mg (12% of DV)
- Sodium: 120mg (5% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 23g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g (4% of DV)
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.