Insalata Caprese with Pesto Vinaigrette
Lightly drizzled with a savory pesto vinaigrette, this beautiful display of "Insalata Caprese" includes sliced, vine-ripened tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella cheese in an incredible flavor combination.
- 1/4 cup BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil (7 oz.)
Or BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil (11 oz.)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 vine-ripened or heirloom tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Salt and ground black pepper (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
SLICE tomatoes and cheese into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Layer or stack tomatoes and cheese on a serving platter. Drizzle pesto dressing over top. Garnish with fresh basil and season with salt and pepper.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I try it and was a successs!!!!
Delicious and Light
I love this recipe and it's always a big hit with our guests because it looks so good and colorful and is nice and light. If I have time, I will make my own pesto though with basil, olice oil and pine nuts.
What makes Caprese so wonderful is the delicate layers and delicate flavors. All and each special together and alone.In Italy less is more,and fresh rules. This although adequate, is not Caprese at it finest.
Super fast and tasty
Insalata Caprese is a staple for Italian dinners in our house. Adding the flavorful pesto raised the bar for an already tasty side!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 260
- Calories from Fat: 180
- Total Fat: 21g (32% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (34% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 25mg (8% of DV)
- Sodium: 350mg (15% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 6g (2% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (10% of DV)
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 10g
- Vitamin A: 20% of DV
- Vitamin C: 20% of DV
- Calcium: 30% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.