Lightly drizzled with a savory pesto vinaigrette, this beautiful display of "Insalata Caprese" includes sliced, vine-ripened tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella cheese in an incredible flavor combination.
- 1/4 cup BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 vine-ripened or heirloom tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Salt and ground black pepper (optional)
COMBINE pesto, oil and vinegar in small bowl; set aside.
SLICE tomatoes and cheese into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Layer or stack tomatoes and cheese on a serving platter. Drizzle pesto dressing over top. Garnish with fresh basil and season with salt and pepper.
Review This Recipe
Delicious and Light
I love this recipe and it's always a big hit with our guests because it looks so good and colorful and is nice and light. If I have time, I will make my own pesto though with basil, olice oil and pine nuts.
Read More Reviews