Delicious and ready in less than 30 minutes, this Invigorating Spicy Crab Soup recipe is amazingly delicious and rich with great Asian flavors. Serve hot and garnish with chopped cilantro leaves. Recipe compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 fresh or dried shiitake mushrooms rehydrated in water, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 pkg. (1.23 oz.) MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Hot & Sour Soup Mix
- 1 cup fresh or chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
HEAT canola oil in large, nonstick wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomatoes; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
STIR in soup mix and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil. Add crabmeat; bring to a second boil. Turn off heat. Stir soup in one direction with a chopstick or fork and slowly pour in the beaten egg so the egg forms long threads.
STIR in sesame oil and seasoning sauce. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve hot.