Chopped red and yellow bell peppers add color and texture to these savory meatballs seasoned with Italian herb mix and enriched with mushrooms.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk, divided
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Chopped fresh parsley
COMBINE turkey, onion, herb seasoning and salt in large bowl; form mixture into 24 one-inch meatballs. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook, turning occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned on all sides. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove meatballs from skillet; keep warm.
ADD bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic and bouillon to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes. Combine 1 tablespoon evaporated milk and flour in small bowl; add to skillet. Gradually stir in remaining evaporated milk; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Add meatballs to skillet; stir to coat. Serve over rice. Garnish with parsley.
Review This Recipe
It's just me....
Tried this recipe, meatballs were great! the sauce... not so fond of it. It was not a hit with my family. I did add bbq sauce to the meatballs. That was good! Sorry.....
Read More Reviews