All the flavor of a hot Italian sausage sandwich in a quick and easy casserole that will surprise and satisfy your friends and family. Serve with a ready-to-use salad and as a treat end your meal with Nestlé Toll House chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage, cooked, drained and sliced into 3/4-in pieces
- 1 (16 oz) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 containers (15 oz.) ea BUITONI Refrigerated Tomato Herb Parmesan Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup BUITONI® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
PLACE bread in single layer over bottom of prepared baking dish.
MIX cream cheese, mayonnaise, basil and oregano in small bowl. Spread over bread slices.
COMBINE sauce, garlic and sausage in medium bowl. Spoon over cream cheese mixture; top with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
Review This Recipe
Not that great
The combination of mayo and cream cheese doesn't sound appetizing, and tastes only slightly better than it sounds.
This tasted almost like a lasagna for people who didn't like ricotta cheese or something. I didn't think it tasted anything like an Italian sausage sandwich.
Read More Reviews