Italian-Style Lentil Soup is a hearty starter soup or a main-dish soup. Rich in flavor and texture, this one will satisfy the whole family!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 5 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 can (6 ounces) Italian tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley, crushed
- 1 3/4 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Beef Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery and carrot; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
STIR in water, lentils, tomato paste, wine, parsley, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 to 45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
LADLE soup into bowls; sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
Review This Recipe
Easy and Tasty
This soup is very easy to make, and tastes great. You can serve it with a sandwich, a roll, or just eat it by itself. The cheese adds a nice accent. I highly recommend it and will be making it again.
Read More Reviews