Italian-Style Lentil Soup
Italian-Style Lentil Soup is a hearty starter soup or a main-dish soup. Rich in flavor and texture, this one will satisfy the whole family!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 5 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 can (6 ounces) Italian tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley, crushed
- 1 3/4 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Beef Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
STIR in water, lentils, tomato paste, wine, parsley, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 to 45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
LADLE soup into bowls; sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
food controller ( ahmed elsawy0
Delicious, but if we pout fry cumon with garlic will be fir
Tasted like slow-cooked!
This soup was easy, quick, and delicious. My husband wondered how I had time to cook it tonight. He had no idea it only simmered for 40 minutes. It thickened up really nicely towards the end. I served it with crusty bread, and just one bowl was very filling. I'll be keeping this recipe for sure.
Easy and Tasty
This soup is very easy to make, and tastes great. You can serve it with a sandwich, a roll, or just eat it by itself. The cheese adds a nice accent. I highly recommend it and will be making it again.
Good hearty soup!
This was a very good hearty soup. I also made the Jalapeno Cheese Corn Bread I found at this site. My family really enjoyed the combination.
So Simple, So Tasty, Kids Love It
I’ve only used lentils once before (burgers) and my kids didn’t think to much about that, but this soup is a go’er I too had none left after the first batch it’s just to tasty to leave in the pot… I give a very yummy 5 stars…
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from Fat: 50
- Total Fat: 6g (8% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g (4% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 570mg (24% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 31g (10% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 12g (48% of DV)
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 11g
- Vitamin A: 35% of DV
- Vitamin C: 25% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.