Italian-Style Mac & Cheese with Chicken Sausage
This zesty Italian twist on a childhood classic is sure to tickle your family’s taste buds. Tomatoes and basil add bursts of color and flavor to this rich and creamy Mac & Cheese with Chicken Sausage, making this dish irresistible.
- 2 cups (8 oz.) dry elbow macaroni (regular or whole wheat)
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded Italian-style 4- or 5-cheese blend
- 2 links (6 oz.) fully-cooked Italian-seasoned chicken sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh basil leaves
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MEANWHILE, COMBINE evaporated milk, cheese, sausage, garlic powder and
black pepper in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally,
until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
ADD pasta to cheese sauce; stir until combined. Add tomatoes and basil; stir gently until mixed in.
TIP: Different flavors of chicken sausage can be substituted.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Made it with Gluten Free macarani and it was a HUGE hit with all 6 kids and my Dear Italian Husband!
Fantastic For Potlucks!
This recipe as all I have found here is Incredible! We really enjoyed it, I plan on taking it for our next potluck at our church! i know it will get rave reviews! I have shared this website with many people on Facebook and received great thanks! Nestle is and always will be The Very Best!
I had to use just the italian Sausage, couldn't find the chicken sausage, but it was still delicious! A Great Weeknite meal.
Italian Style Mac & cheese with chicken sausage
This is so goog.It is the Carnation milk that makes all the difference.It is so creamy,this is the taste I have been looking for.Everyone loved it.You can use any sausage that you like.Will make this over and over.
I had a meeting before I finally got home and made dinner. I tried this; it was wonderful. Easy and very flavorful.............
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 300
- Calories from Fat: 90
- Total Fat: 10g (15% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 6g (30% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 40mg (13% of DV)
- Sodium: 410mg (17% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 33g (11% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (8% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 18g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 6% of DV
- Calcium: 40% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.