This zesty Italian twist on a childhood classic is sure to tickle your family’s taste buds. Tomatoes and basil add bursts of color and flavor to this rich and creamy Mac & Cheese with Chicken Sausage, making this dish irresistible.
- 2 cups (8 oz.) dry elbow macaroni (regular or whole wheat)
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded Italian-style 4- or 5-cheese blend
- 2 links (6 oz.) fully-cooked Italian-seasoned chicken sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh basil leaves
PREPARE pasta according to package directions; drain.
MEANWHILE, COMBINE evaporated milk, cheese, sausage, garlic powder and
black pepper in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally,
until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
ADD pasta to cheese sauce; stir until combined. Add tomatoes and basil; stir gently until mixed in.
TIP: Different flavors of chicken sausage can be substituted.
Review This Recipe
Fantastic For Potlucks!
This recipe as all I have found here is Incredible! We really enjoyed it, I plan on taking it for our next potluck at our church! i know it will get rave reviews! I have shared this website with many people on Facebook and received great thanks! Nestle is and always will be The Very Best!
Read More Reviews