This hearty Italian Vegetarian casserole is flavorful and colorful. It's a great addition to any meal or perfect by itself.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large zucchini, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 MAGGI Vegetarian Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (.75 ounce) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Romano Cheese
- 1 container (15 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion, celery, garlic, bouillon and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
COMBINE spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, ricotta cheese, eggs and Romano cheese in large bowl until blended. Stir in vegetable mixture. Press mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Heat sauce until warm. Slice; serve with sauce.
Review This Recipe
New Zucchini Treat
Great way to use summer zucchini without pasta. Only problem was toppinfg of cheese burned. Suggest adding it toward end of baking time. Definitely a keeper.
Read More Reviews