This Jalapeño Cheese Corn Bread is studded with plenty of goodies: whole pieces of corn, bits of jalapeño pepper and melted Monterey Jack cheese throughout make it a colorful and festive solution.
- 1 cup ALBERS® Yellow Corn Meal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (11 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeños
PREHEAT oven to 375º F. Lightly grease 8-inch-square baking pan.
COMBINE corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Combine milk, eggs and oil in medium bowl. Add to corn meal mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in cheese, corn and jalapeños. Pour batter into prepared pan.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Serve warm.
Review This Recipe
This is probably the best mexican corn bread I have ever tasted! My entire family absolutely loved it! It not only works well with mexican foods, but it is a great change to have with ham and beans or chili.
Read More Reviews