Jam Thumbprints are truly easy when you start with our refrigerated tub dough, place a slight thumbprint in the middle of the cookie then fill with your favorite flavor of jam, creating the perfect shortcut-recipe for this beloved holiday cookie.
- 1 1/4 cups (about 1/3 tub) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Tub Dough, slightly softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons raspberry, strawberry or apricot jam
PREHEAT oven to 325º F.
COMBINE cookie dough and flour in medium mixing bowl. Roll dough into 18, 1 1/4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press thumb into tops to make deep depression. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Fill each depression with 1/4 teaspoon jam.
BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
• Dough can be made in advance, shaped into cookies and refrigerated until ready for baking.
• Jam Thumbprint can be topped with a fresh raspberry for an extra decorative finish.
• Create three types of Christmas cookies from just one tub of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Tub Dough. Make this recipe along with two other 12 Days of Christmas Cookies recipes.
• Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a larger batch.
Review This Recipe
Thumbprint cookies have been my favorite since I was a kid. They are fun and easy to make.
Read More Reviews