Jam Thumbprints are truly easy when you start with our refrigerated tub dough, place a slight thumbprint in the middle of the cookie then fill with your favorite flavor of jam, creating the perfect shortcut-recipe for this beloved holiday cookie.
- 1 package (16.5 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Bar Dough, slightly softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup raspberry, strawberry or apricot jam
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE cookie dough and flour in medium mixing bowl. Roll dough into 24, 1 1/4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 14 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately make a depression in each cookie with the back of a 1/2 teaspoon measure. Fill each depression with 1/2 teaspoon of jam. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in single layer tightly covered.
• Dough can be made in advance, shaped into cookies and refrigerated until ready for baking.
• Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a larger batch.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I love these cookies!!
We love these but I also use the refrigerated sugar cookies. I bake them in miniature muffin pans and top them with candy kisses or milk chocolate chips.
Jam thumbprints is a one of a kind!
These are great, for variety I love to add 1/2 cup ground almonds to dough before forming them.
Excellent 4 parties
I made this cookies for a party at work and they were very popular. People even asked me for the recipe and I directed them to this site. They were easier to make than my last thumbprint disaster.
Serving Size: 1/24 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 100
- Calories from Fat: 35
- Total Fat: 3.5g (5% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 5mg (2% of DV)
- Sodium: 65mg (3% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 16g (5% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 0% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.