For coffee lovers. You'll love the flavor combination of chocolate and coffee in these frosted brownies.
- JAVA BROWNIES
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 3 large eggs
- JAVA FROSTING
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 to 2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa, (optional)
FOR JAVA BROWNIES:
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
COMBINE water, coffee granules, sugar and butter in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup morsels until smooth. Stir in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in flour mixture. Pour into greased 9-inch-square baking pan.
BAKE in preheated 350° F. oven for 18 to 25 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out slightly sticky. Cool in pan on wire rack.
FOR JAVA FROSTING:
COMBINE cream and coffee granules in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until dissolved. Add remaining morsels; stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar; stir vigorously until smooth. Chill until spreading consistency. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with cocoa.
Review This Recipe
These were an amazing adult treat. I served them at a wine/cheese/dessert party and they were a big hit.
Read More Reviews