For coffee lovers. You'll love the flavor combination of chocolate and coffee in these frosted brownies.
- JAVA BROWNIES
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 3 large eggs
- JAVA FROSTING
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 to 2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa, (optional)
FOR JAVA BROWNIES:
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
COMBINE water, coffee granules, sugar and butter in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup morsels until smooth. Stir in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in flour mixture. Pour into greased 9-inch-square baking pan.
BAKE in preheated 350° F. oven for 18 to 25 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out slightly sticky. Cool in pan on wire rack.
FOR JAVA FROSTING:
COMBINE cream and coffee granules in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until dissolved. Add remaining morsels; stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar; stir vigorously until smooth. Chill until spreading consistency. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with cocoa.
Review This Recipe
These were so easy to make and they were gone in no time.
Read More Reviews