These amazing Jumbo Pork and Shrimp Dumplings make perfect appetizers. Serve them with any of the dipping sauces found on this web site.
- 4 cups finely chopped green cabbage
- 8 oz. ground pork
- 8 oz. finely chopped shrimp
- 6 green onions (green parts only), chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 14 to 16 (about 7-inch-square) egg roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2/3 cup chicken broth or water, divided
COMBINE cabbage, pork, shrimp, green onions, cilantro, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and pepper in large bowl. Place 1/3 cup cabbage mixture in center of one egg roll wrapper. Fold one corner over filling. Fold two adjacent corners towards center; roll towards last corner of wrapper. Seal last corner of wrapper with a few drops of water. Repeat with remaining cabbage mixture and egg roll wrappers.
HEAT 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place half of dumplings in skillet. Cook on each side for 2 to 5 minutes or until slightly browned. Place lid on skillet, leaving slightly open. Carefully pour 1/3 cup broth through lid opening into skillet; cover completely. Reduce heat to low.
COOK for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through, checking to make sure there is always some liquid on bottom of skillet. Remove from skillet; drain skillet, if necessary, and wipe with paper towel. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, dumplings and remaining 1/3 cup broth.
Review This Recipe
My family loved these. Would make over and over again....but double the recipe, they don't last long....
Read More Reviews