Chocolate chip muffins complete with Nestlé Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels and nutritious Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin are great for breakfast or brunch! Tammy Clifford of Sabattus, Maine created this winning recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease thirty-six 2 1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups.
COMBINE all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Combine eggs and sugar in large bowl. Add pumpkin and oil; mix well. Stir in flour mixture until moistened. Stir in morsels. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes; remove from pans.
Review This Recipe
I substituted splenda for the sugar, applesauce for the oil and nestle swirl chips for the semi-sweet. All family members loved it: 5, 6 and 17 yo kids, as well as husband and restricted diet parents(61 and 65).
Read More Reviews