Lamb with Vegetables
This Mediterranean-inspired lamb dish is packed full of flavors and vegetables and is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound lamb, cubed
- 3 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon, divided
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 1/2 mediuim red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 cup frozen green beans
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT 1 tablespoon oil in same saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Remove from pan; set aside. Heat remaining oil in same saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, zucchini, eggplant and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is tender. Add rice and mushrooms; stir constantly for 2 minutes.
ADD water and remaining 2 teaspoons bouillon; bring to a boil.
REDUCE heat to medium-low; cover. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir in peas and lamb with any juices accumulated. Cook, stirring once during cooking time, for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 310
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11g (16% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (11% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 35mg (12% of DV)
- Sodium: 410mg (17% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 38g (13% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (8% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 17g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 45% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.