This easy to make but very elegant Layered Dulce de Leche, Coconut and Pecan Cake will impress everyone. Perfect for entertaining or a special treat with friends or family. Serve with ice cream for an extra special treat or top with shredded coconut.
- 1 package (10.75 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 bottle (15.8 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche (squeezable bottle), divided
- 10 tablespoons shredded coconut, divided
- 10 tablespoons chopped pecans, divided
- Lowfat vanilla ice cream (optional)
CUT pound cake horizontally into 5 ¼-inch-thick slices. Place bottom slice on a serving platter and drizzle with approximately 5 tablespoons dulce de leche. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons shredded coconut and 2 tablespoons chopped pecans. Press next cake layer over first layer and repeat process with dulce de leche, coconut and pecans; press down on each layer. Finish with top rounded layer, but do not decorate until ready to serve.
REFRIGERATE for 2 hours. Drizzle last layer with remaining dulce de leche and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons shredded coconut and remaining 2 tablespoons chopped pecans. Serve with ice cream.