Layered Gelatin Dessert is an elegant, cool and refreshing dessert you can enjoy all year round.
- 2 envelopes (7 grams each) unflavored gelatin
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 16) *
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ MILO, (fortified chocolate flavored drink mix)
COMBINE gelatin and 1/2 cup water in small bowl until well mixed; set aside. Grease 6-cup mold or 9-inch-round baking pan.
HEAT evaporated and condensed milks in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add gelatin mixture, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until completely dissolved. Stir in remaining 2 cups water into hot mixture.
DIVIDE the mixture in three equal portions (about 2 cups per bowl). Place first portion into prepared mold; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir cookies and cinnamon into second portion; carefully pour on top of first layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set but not firm. Stir in walnuts and Milo into third portion and gently pour onto second layer. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
TO SERVE: Dip knife in warm water and run knife around rim; gently shake to loosen. Invert onto serving dish.
* May also use about 12 Maria cookies instead of vanilla wafers.
Review This Recipe
This seems like a very nice variation on the traditional panna cotta - Italian eggless custard. I love cinnamon and the wafers add a texture to an otherwise bland dessert.
Read More Reviews