Lemon Raspberry Oven Pancake is inspired by the French baked dessert called "claufouti". This recipe has sweet and citrusy flavors combined with raspberries and will make a delightful finale to your special event. Try other berries to create additional variations to this recipe. Ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute or 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint (about 1 cup) fresh raspberries
PREHEAT oven to 450º F.
SPRAY 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
COMBINE flour, 1/4 cup sugar and salt in medium bowl. Whisk evaporated milk, egg substitute, lemon peel and vanilla extract and egg in another medium bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture; whisk for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pie plate. Arrange raspberries on top of batter. Sprinkle top with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and light golden brown. Serve warm.
• Substitute other favorite, fresh seasonal berries such as blackberries or 1 cup blueberries for the raspberries.
Review This Recipe
I just saw this recipe for the first time and I can't wait to try it, it looks easy enough even for me.
Read More Reviews