Lemon Risotto with Sautéed Shrimp
You'll love the fresh flavors in this Lemon Risotto with Sautéed Shrimp recipe. The Gremolata garnish featuring finely chopped garlic and parsley, combined with grated lemon adds exceptional flavor.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice or other short-grain white rice
- 4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
- 8 ounces medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Gremolata (recipe follows)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MELT remaining butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until pink. Serve shrimp over risotto; sprinkle with Gremolata.
COMBINE 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic, 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley and 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel in small bowl.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I made a few changes as I tend to favor intense flavors. Doubled the onions. Included white wine (i.e. 1 cup wine/1 cup water). Also in the past I've always put the liquid in in stages which I did again; adding 1 cup at a time until almost simmered through. Would recommend grilling the shrimp for extra flavor versus saute (also cuts down on butter). Would recommend adding extra lemon zest with the Parmesan at the last moment. Overall VERY DELICIOUS and easy to prepare. Served with grilled zucchini & chilled white wine.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.