This Lentil Soup is packed full of nutrition with high levels of vitamin A and iron - and flavor. Lentils, kale or spinach and brown rice combine to make this a hearty vegetarian main dish or soup starter.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- 4 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach or kale
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking brown rice
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD water, lentils, bouillon and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
STIR in spinach and rice; cover. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; uncover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I loved this and so did my husband. He never had kale and really enjoyed it in this soup! Another great vegetarian meal!
Delicious and healthful!
This was very easy to make, cheap, and absolutely delicious! And I feel good and healthy after eating it.
Loved this recipe! So easy and nutritious! The red bell pepper and green spinach make the soup look as good as it tastes. I used chicken stock instead of the bouillon and omitted the rice. I also added some crushed red pepper to give it a kick. My friends loved it.
Great recipe; my friends loved it. Thank you.
This was very very good. Easy to make. Didn't change a thing. A light tasting soup.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 210
- Calories from Fat: 80
- Total Fat: 8g (13% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (6% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 960mg (40% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 43g (14% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 18g (71% of DV)
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 18g
- Vitamin A: 170% of DV
- Vitamin C: 70% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 35% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.