This Lentil Soup is packed full of nutrition with high levels of vitamin A and iron - and flavor. Lentils, kale or spinach and brown rice combine to make this a hearty vegetarian main dish or soup starter.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- 4 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach or kale
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking brown rice
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
ADD water, lentils, bouillon and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
STIR in spinach and rice; cover. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; uncover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Review This Recipe
Delicious and healthful!
This was very easy to make, cheap, and absolutely delicious! And I feel good and healthy after eating it.
Read More Reviews