Lettuce Cups with Flavored Tofu & Walnuts also features a delicious combination of water chestnuts, mushrooms, apple and carrots in an attractive and delicious dish. Compliments of chef Ying Chang Compestine.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh oyster mushrooms
- 8 ounces flavored baked tofu or extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrot
- 1/2 cup finely diced green apple
- 1/2 cup finely diced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
CUT out lettuce core and separate leaves. Cut leaves into 4-inch squares to make "cups." Arrange lettuce on large serving plate.
HEAT canola oil in large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and tofu; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add carrot, apple and water chestnuts. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
STIR in chili garlic sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute or until vegetables are heated through. Add nuts, sesame oil and green onions; toss to combine. Season with seasoning sauce.
SPOON 2 tablespoons tofu mixture into each lettuce leaf cup and eat with your hand.
NOTE: 1 cup cooked, diced chicken breast meat may be used in place of tofu.
Review This Recipe
I have to say..I did make a few changes...(my hubby dosen't like Tofu) so we used chicken. This made a lovely light dinner that still filled you up. Will make this more often and a nice change to your typical dinner...the toppings have endless possibilities.
Read More Reviews