Lettuce Cups with Flavored Tofu & Walnuts
Lettuce Cups with Flavored Tofu & Walnuts also features a delicious combination of water chestnuts, mushrooms, apple and carrots in an attractive and delicious dish. Compliments of chef Ying Chang Compestine.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh oyster mushrooms
- 8 ounces flavored baked tofu or extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrot
- 1/2 cup finely diced green apple
- 1/2 cup finely diced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT canola oil in large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and tofu; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add carrot, apple and water chestnuts. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
STIR in chili garlic sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute or until vegetables are heated through. Add nuts, sesame oil and green onions; toss to combine. Season with seasoning sauce.
SPOON 2 tablespoons tofu mixture into each lettuce leaf cup and eat with your hand.
NOTE: 1 cup cooked, diced chicken breast meat may be used in place of tofu.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I have to say..I did make a few changes...(my hubby dosen't like Tofu) so we used chicken. This made a lovely light dinner that still filled you up. Will make this more often and a nice change to your typical dinner...the toppings have endless possibilities.
changes to recipe
I have bookmarked this interesting looking recipe. But I intend to put it on spinach leaves and substitute home made firm goat cheese for the marinated tofu. I hope these changes not ruin the spirit of the dish.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from Fat: 160
- Total Fat: 18g (27% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (9% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 760mg (32% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 12g (4% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (15% of DV)
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 8g
- Vitamin A: 35% of DV
- Vitamin C: 10% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.