Libby's® Pumpkin Pear Strudel features pears, pumpkin and chopped nuts sweetened with brown sugar and spices wrapped in puff pastry sheets. Pop them into the oven for a few minutes and out will come a light and flaky pastry bursting with sweetness and flavor.
- 2 cups (about 2 small) peeled, cored and diced pears
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 sheets (17 1/4-ounce package) frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE pears, pumpkin, sugar, nuts, cinnamon, cloves and ginger in medium bowl. Spoon one-half of filling in center third of 1 pastry sheet.
MAKE downward slanting strips in outer sections of pastry (3/4-inch apart) starting about 1 inch away from top of pastry and side of filling, cutting to outside edges. Starting at top, alternately fold left and right side pastry strips over filling forming a braid. Seal at top and bottom of strudel. Place on ungreased rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with remaining filling and pastry sheet. Brush strudels with egg; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Serve warm.
Review This Recipe
Libbys pumpkin pear strudel
Excellent recipe. I added 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, and topped it with melted butter. Terrific!!!
Read More Reviews