This lighter pumpkin pie is especially refreshing after a hearty holiday meal.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- Light whipped cream (optional)
MIX sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl. Beat egg whites lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie shell.
BAKE in preheated 425° F. oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for additional 30 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Garnish with light whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate. (Do not freeze as this will cause filling to separate from crust.)
Review This Recipe
I make this recipe and bake it in a slight oiled pyrex bowl, instead of a crust, to cut down on calories. It is like a pumpkin custard which I eat as a vegetable or dessert. Delicious.
Read More Reviews