Venture to the isle of Capri with this simple but elegant Linguine Caprese pasta dish. From aromatic basil to ripe plum tomatoes, the freshness of these ingredients makes it easy to channel the flavors of the Mediterranean.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds fresh ripe plum tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped or 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Linguine (9 oz.)
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and ground black pepper
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE oil and garlic in large skillet; cook over medium-high heat for 30 seconds or until it begins to sizzle. Add tomatoes and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to juice up. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. Set aside.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with tomato mixture. Stir in cheese and basil; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/3 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 500
- Calories from Fat: 190
- Total Fat: 21g (33% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 5g (27% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 55mg (19% of DV)
- Sodium: 330mg (14% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 62g (21% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 6g (22% of DV)
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 19g
- Vitamin A: 45% of DV
- Vitamin C: 50% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.