Linguine with Clams in Saffron Alfredo Sauce
Delicate strands of saffron are paired with a creamy Alfredo sauce which is served over linguine and clams to make an upscale entrée that is sure to please. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- 1 pound (about 24) small fresh clams, scrubbed clean
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 container BUITONI Refrigerated Alfredo Sauce (10 oz.)
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron strands*
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Linguine (9 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT sauce, reserved cooking liquid and saffron in small saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes. Stir until blended and saffron imparts a yellow color to sauce.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions.
TOP pasta with sauce and clams. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
*Saffron strands can be found in the spice section of major grocery and specialty stores.
Tip: If fresh clams are hard to find, substitute 1 can (6.5 ounces) chopped clams, drained. Simmer Alfredo sauce, 1/2 cup wine, clams, 1 teaspoon chopped garlic and saffron strands for 10 minutes, then follow the instructions above.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This was amazing. I couldn't find fresh clams, so I used two cans of minced clams instead of one, and I served it with garlic bread and Chablis. It was incredible.
Serving Size: 1/2 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 810
- Calories from Fat: 280
- Total Fat: 31g (48% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 17g (84% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 155mg (51% of DV)
- Sodium: 1620mg (68% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 82g (27% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 31g
- Vitamin A: 20% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 25% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.