Easy, colorful and truly delicious Linguine with Fresh Tomatoes and Asparagus is an excellent selection for entertaining or when you'd like a fresh garden-inspired family meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces thin asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Linguine
- 1/4 cup (.75 ounce) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
HEAT oil in large skillet. Add asparagus; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add garlic; cook until tender. Stir in tomatoes, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Toss with asparagus mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Season with ground black pepper, if desired.
Review This Recipe
I made quite a few modifications. I added more garlic and flour to thicken. I substituted a vegetarian "chicken"cube for the chicken boullion and put in 3/4 cup of drained diced canned tomatoes instead of the fresh. Overall quite tasty. Next time I will add even more garlic (4 cloves total), a bit of white wine and possibly some grilled chicken slices.
Read More Reviews