Fresh tasting Linguine with Garlic-Tomato Sauce can be prepared in minutes for light and flavorful results. Great for casual entertaining, too.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dry marjoram, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Romano Cheese
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Linguine
HEAT oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes with juice, marjoram, crushed red pepper and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Stir in basil and cheese.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Toss pasta with sauce in large bowl; serve immediately. Season with salt, if desired.
Review This Recipe
Light and Delicious
This recipe was very easy to make, and was a fresh-tasting, light, vegetarian dish that my family loved. I will definitely be adding this to our regular rotation.
Read More Reviews