Linguine with Lemon and Grilled Baby Artichokes has fresh flavors and is perfect for a light lunch or dinner.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh, frozen or canned baby artichokes or artichoke hearts, tossed in 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Linguine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
GRILL artichokes over medium heat until lightly browned. Alternatively, place on baking sheet, cut-side-up and position 6 inches from broiler. Broil for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
BRING water to a boil in large pot; add linguine. Cook for 1 minute. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute or until fragrant (the garlic should not brown). Stir in wine and cook for about 4 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add lemon juice, lemon peel, parsley, chives, tarragon, salt and pepper; cook for about 1 minute or until mixture is heated through.
ADD cooked linguine to skillet along with reserved cooking water and Parmesan cheese. Toss gently to coat. Toss in artichoke hearts. Serve immediately with additional extra virgin olive oil and Parmesan cheese, if desired.