Be the hit of the party with this full-flavored take on the classic baked potato with all the fixin’s. Carnation provides a creamy texture to a mix of hearty potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions. With this dish you won’t have anything left to take home!
- 8 medium potatoes (about 2 1/2 to 3 lb. total), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Sliced green onions (optional)
PLACE potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 2 1/2- to 3-quart casserole dish.
RETURN potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese and half of bacon. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, remaining bacon and green onions. Bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
• This casserole can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated. Cover with foil and bake at 350° F for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated. Uncover; top with cheese, bacon and green onions; bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Review This Recipe
An excellent choice for any occasion
I chose to serve this for supper the night of my birthday. My daughter did the work. :-) It was delicious - not one bite left over! We will make it again.
Read More Reviews