You'll love the flavors and colors in this elegant Longevity Noodles with Sesame Shrimp recipe. A delicious marinade adds amazing flavor dimensions. This traditional dish is often served on holidays. Noodles represent a wish for a long and happy life-the longer they are the better, so make sure you don't cut them. Shrimp represents happiness and good fortune.
Recipe compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
- 8 ounces fresh or dry rice noodles or fettuccine, prepared according to package directions, rinsed with cold water
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
- 12 ounces raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted black or white sesame seeds or nuts
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
COMBINE seasoning sauce, lemon juice and ginger in medium bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
HEAT oil in large, nonstick wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds; cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds or until seeds are toasted and fragrant. Remove shrimp from marinade and add to wok; discard marinade. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute or until shrimp are opaque.
ADD bell peppers; cook for 1 minute. Stir in noodles, green onions and soy sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to serving dish. Serve hot or cold.