Longevity Noodles with Sesame Shrimp
You'll love the flavors and colors in this elegant Longevity Noodles with Sesame Shrimp recipe. A delicious marinade adds amazing flavor dimensions. This traditional dish is often served on holidays. Noodles represent a wish for a long and happy life-the longer they are the better, so make sure you don't cut them. Shrimp represents happiness and good fortune.
Recipe compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
- 8 ounces fresh or dry rice noodles or fettuccine, prepared according to package directions, rinsed with cold water
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
- 12 ounces raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted black or white sesame seeds or nuts
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT oil in large, nonstick wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds; cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds or until seeds are toasted and fragrant. Remove shrimp from marinade and add to wok; discard marinade. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute or until shrimp are opaque.
ADD bell peppers; cook for 1 minute. Stir in noodles, green onions and soy sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to serving dish. Serve hot or cold.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 390
- Calories from Fat: 90
- Total Fat: 10g (15% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (4% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 130mg (43% of DV)
- Sodium: 820mg (34% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 52g (17% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 20g
- Vitamin A: 20% of DV
- Vitamin C: 90% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 35% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.