"Lucky You" Mint Pie will have you and your guests feeling extra lucky (even if you’re not Irish). This refreshingly decadent mint and chocolate pie features a layer of rich chocolate ganache topped with a creamy mint layer and will quickly become a festive favorite.
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 prepared 9-inch (6 oz.) chocolate crumb crust
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Additional NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, fresh mint sprigs (optional)
MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir until smooth. Stir in butter; pour into crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until cool to the touch.
MEANWHILE, BEAT remaining evaporated milk, pudding mix, water, peppermint extract and 3 drops food coloring in medium bowl until combined. Gently stir in 2 cups whipped topping and additional drop of food coloring, if desired. Spoon over chocolate layer.
REFRIGERATE for 2 hours or until set. Sprinkle with additional morsels. Spoon remaining whipped topping in center of pie. Garnish with fresh mint.