Mac & Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
Mac & Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes are a great choice for family gatherings or parties and make a beautiful presentation.
- 1 package STOUFFER'S Macaroni & Cheese, cooked according to package directions
- 4 large, fresh tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon, fully cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh, coarse breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE hot Macaroni and Cheese, bacon and onion in medium bowl; fill tomatoes with mixture.
COMBINE bread crumbs, cheese and butter in small bowl; sprinkle mixture evenly on top of each tomato.
BAKE in preheated 350°F. oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 4 Servings.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This is my favorite side dish. I use a little more gren onion and mix a little cheddar cheese in with the mac and cheese, but you don't have too! Kids love this as well, it's fun to eat and they get extra vitamins from the tomato!!!
Okay if your choices are limited
I wanted to try this recipe because it looked attractive and somewhat unique. I made it according to directions, but also added a little Worcestershire sauce to the macaroni since I like things highly seasoned. The end results were okay, but nothing special. I don't think I'll try it again. If I did, I might sprinkle a tiny but of salt & pepper inside the tomatoes before filling them.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 257
- Calories from Fat: 135
- Total Fat: 15g (23% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 6.1g (31% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 29mg (10% of DV)
- Sodium: 574mg (23% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 21.4g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 2.3g
- Protein: 10.9g
- Vitamin A: 26% of DV
- Vitamin C: 60% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 13% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.