Mac & Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes are a great choice for family gatherings or parties and make a beautiful presentation.
- 1 package STOUFFER'S Macaroni & Cheese, cooked according to package directions
- 4 large, fresh tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon, fully cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh, coarse breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
HOLLOW out tomatoes, leaving a 1/4-inch wall around sides and bottom. Place in 9-inch-round cake pan to prevent tipping.
COMBINE hot Macaroni and Cheese, bacon and onion in medium bowl; fill tomatoes with mixture.
COMBINE bread crumbs, cheese and butter in small bowl; sprinkle mixture evenly on top of each tomato.
BAKE in preheated 350°F. oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 4 Servings.
Review This Recipe
Okay if your choices are limited
I wanted to try this recipe because it looked attractive and somewhat unique. I made it according to directions, but also added a little Worcestershire sauce to the macaroni since I like things highly seasoned. The end results were okay, but nothing special. I don't think I'll try it again. If I did, I might sprinkle a tiny but of salt & pepper inside the tomatoes before filling them.
Read More Reviews