Mac & Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes are a great choice for family gatherings or parties and make a beautiful presentation.
- 1 package STOUFFER'S Macaroni & Cheese, cooked according to package directions
- 4 large, fresh tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon, fully cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh, coarse breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
HOLLOW out tomatoes, leaving a 1/4-inch wall around sides and bottom. Place in 9-inch-round cake pan to prevent tipping.
COMBINE hot Macaroni and Cheese, bacon and onion in medium bowl; fill tomatoes with mixture.
COMBINE bread crumbs, cheese and butter in small bowl; sprinkle mixture evenly on top of each tomato.
BAKE in preheated 350°F. oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 4 Servings.
Review This Recipe
This is my favorite side dish. I use a little more gren onion and mix a little cheddar cheese in with the mac and cheese, but you don't have too! Kids love this as well, it's fun to eat and they get extra vitamins from the tomato!!!
Read More Reviews