Macaroni & Cheese For A Crowd
Entertaining is made easy with this great old-fashioned Macaroni & Cheese For A Crowd recipe. This comfort food brings back favorite childhood memories. Enjoy.....
- 1 box (16 oz.) dry, small elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups (12 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack or hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pinch paprika
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE cornstarch, salt and pepper in large saucepan. Stir in evaporated milk, water and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in cheeses until melted. Place macaroni into prepared dish. Pour cheese sauce over macaroni; stir to coat. Sprinkle with paprika.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I fixed this for a group and they just loved it!
Best homemade Mac & Cheese
This is by far the best recipe for Mac & Cheese that I have found.
I made this for thanksgiving to take to my grandmother's house and every one loved it and asked me for the recipe.
I made this dish but omited the cornstarch. It turned out good and there was no leftovers. My 2 children seen to that. Guess that meant they like it. lol
I make this for large family parties, thinking the kids would love it! Too my surprise, the adults usually love it more than the kids!! I will definitely make this again.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 320
- Calories from Fat: 180
- Total Fat: 20g (30% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 12g (60% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 65mg (22% of DV)
- Sodium: 700mg (29% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 20g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: .5g (2% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 15g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 45% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.