Entertaining is made easy with this great old-fashioned Macaroni & Cheese For A Crowd recipe. This comfort food brings back favorite childhood memories. Enjoy.....
- 1 box (16 oz.) dry, small elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups (12 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack or hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pinch paprika
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish or disposable baking pan.
COMBINE cornstarch, salt and pepper in large saucepan. Stir in evaporated milk, water and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in cheeses until melted. Place macaroni into prepared dish. Pour cheese sauce over macaroni; stir to coat. Sprinkle with paprika.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Review This Recipe
I made this for our Christmas dinner guest and it didn't last very long. Everyone loved it
Read More Reviews