This hearty Maggi Beef Stew features a colorful combination of vegetables and gets some extra robustness from a poblano chile. Serve with hot rice. See more beef stew recipes here.
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless beef stew meat
- 2 cups water
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) whole tomatoes, drained and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Beef Ribs Flavor Bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 poblano chile, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- Hot cooked rice
PLACE beef, water, onions, tomatoes, garlic, bouillon and bay leaf in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook for 50 to 60 minutes or until beef is fork tender. Add chile, bell pepper, carrots and potatoes; cover. Cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaf. Serve with rice.