MAGGI Hearty Beef Stew is a perfect solution for a winter potluck.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
COMBINE flour and pepper in plastic bag. Add beef; shake to coat.
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook beef, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Stir in water, bouillon, tomato sauce, onion, garlic and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; cover. Cook for 60 minutes or until beef is tender. Remove bay leaf.
STIR in carrots, potatoes and celery. Cover; cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Review This Recipe
This has easily become our favorite recipe. I make a batch for 12 and we eat it for days. Although I never thought it possible, this really is better the next day. I have a toddler and she just loves it, as picky as she is. My husband is even more picky and he would eat this every day if I made it available. The only change I made was that I added more garlic because we just love it, but it is of course fine without the extra. Inexpensive to make and just absolutely delicious! Thanks so much!
Read More Reviews