Maggi Tangy Tamarind Pork Ribs
These tangy and zesty country-style pork ribs get their tropical tang from a bold tamarind barbeque sauce.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds pork ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 4 to 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, dissolved in 1/4 cup dry red wine
- Hot cooked rice
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD onion to same skillet; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds. Add water, tamarind paste, sugar, vinegar and bouillon. Return ribs to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover.
COOK for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Remove ribs; set aside and keep warm. Boil sauce until reduced by half, skimming off fat. Add flour mixture; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Pour sauce over ribs. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve with rice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This sounds delicious, but look at the sodium!!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 580
- Calories from Fat: 270
- Total Fat: 31g (47% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 10g (52% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 90mg (31% of DV)
- Sodium: 1120mg (46% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 51g (17% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 20g
- Protein: 21g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 6% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.