Make-Ahead Breakfast Sausage Casserole
This savory breakfast sausage casserole is easy to make ahead of time, so you can enjoy your morning. It also features evaporated milk and egg substitute to help cut calories. And it really satisfies!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 7 cups ciabatta bread cubes (1-inch cubes)
- 1 pound lean Italian turkey sausage (such as Jenny-O)
- 1 bell pepper, any color, chopped
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 bunch sliced green onions (about 3/4 cup)
- Salsa (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT large skillet over medium-high heat; add sausage and bell pepper. Cook, stirring to crumble sausage, for 6 minutes or until sausage is cooked.
COMBINE evaporated milk, eggs and egg substitute in large bowl; whisk to combine. Stir in 1 cup cheese, sausage and green onions. Add bread cubes; toss to coat. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Remove cover from casserole dish.
BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheese right when it comes out of the oven. Serve with salsa and additional sliced green onions, if desired.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 410
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 16g (24% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 6g (30% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 115mg (38% of DV)
- Sodium: 1030mg (43% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 41g (14% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 27g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 25% of DV
- Calcium: 30% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.